Sökning: "sofia eriksson"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 15 avhandlingar innehållade orden sofia eriksson.
1. Cross-scale monitoring, landscape trajectories, and feedback in forest management : Examples from southern and middle boreal ecosystems in Sweden
Sammanfattning : To manage for sustainability in a complex and changing world requires understanding of the coupled human-environmental system. The two case studies in this licentiate thesis are linked by what we can learn from past and current management in the form of feedback and how it can be incorporated into practical forest management within the boreal region. LÄS MER
2. Genetic adaptation of salmonella enterica to phagocytic cells
Sammanfattning : Salmonella enterica is a collection of closely related enteric bacteria that as a species is capable of infecting a wide variety of hosts. S. enterica serovar Typhimurium, (S. Typhimurium), causes a systemic disease in mice which in many aspects resembles human typhoid fever caused by S. LÄS MER
3. Cross-scale perspectives on heterogeneity in Swedish boreal forests
Sammanfattning : Maintaining species diversity, ecosystem functioning, and socioeconomic values requires continued ecosystem heterogeneity across scales. This thesis aims to bridge gaps between ecological theory, environmental goals, and practical application of sustainable forest management needed to maintain such heterogeneity. LÄS MER
4. Histopathological and neuroimaging studies in partial epilepsy with emphasis on malformations of cortical development
Sammanfattning : The aim of the first part of the present study was to describe the whole Göteborg epilepsy surgery series between 1987 and 1995 with respect to surgical procedures, histopathological findings and clinical correlates. We found a high proportion of malformations of cortical development (MCD) and patients with MCD were studied in further detail in the following studies. LÄS MER
5. Stable Numerical Methods with Boundary and Interface Treatment for Applications in Aerodynamics
Sammanfattning : In numerical simulations, problems stemming from aerodynamics pose many challenges for the method used. Some of these are addressed in this thesis, such as the fluid interacting with objects, the presence of shocks, and various types of boundary conditions. LÄS MER