Sökning: "sociology of the family"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 275 avhandlingar innehållade orden sociology of the family.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutet för social forskning (SOFI)
Sammanfattning : This thesis contains four different studies on the dynamics of gender in households and workplaces. The relationship between family life and work life is in focus, particularly in the paper on labour market outcomes after divorce.In the introductory chapter, the Swedish context is briefly described. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Sociologi
Sammanfattning : As a point of departure, this thesis is motivated by the big changes which have taken place in most Western European countries since the 1970s, with an increase in female labour market participation and, to some extent, men’s increased share of the domestic work. There is also a debate as to whether France, having a fairly extensive family support,should be categorised as closer to the Scandinavian countries or together with countries with more restrictive family policy such as Italy and Germany, and thus belonging to the conservative regime cluster as defined by Gösta Esping-Andersen. LÄS MER
3. Setting the scene for life. Longitudinal studies of early social disadvantage and later life chances : Department of SociologyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University&Centre for Health Equity Studies, Stockholm University/Karolinska Institutet. Health Equity Studies, no 1
Sammanfattning : This thesis concerns the long-term life chances of children brought up under various conditions in Sweden during the first half of the twentieth century. The main purpose is to examine the consequences of children’s early family environment for later educational career, and ultimately, for their mortality risk at different stages of the life-course. LÄS MER
4. Att lära sig konstens regler. En sociologisk studie av osäkra framtidsinvesteringar. Learning the rules of art - A sociological study of uncertain future investmentsDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation illuminates approaches to artistic professional fields with uncertain conditions and work markets. The aim is to examine eleven actors’ career paths in terms of position-taking and capital accumulation. LÄS MER
5. Between crisis and opportunity : Livelihoods, diversification and inequality among the Meru of TanzaniaDetta är en avhandling från Sociologiska institutionen, Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : Sustained high population growth rates are radically altering the livelihood conditions for small farmers in sub-Saharan Africa. In one of the most fertile and densely settled areas of East Africa, Mount Meru in Northern Tanzania, the size of the population has increased nearly tenfold within the last century. LÄS MER