Sökning: "socio-economic modelling"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 27 avhandlingar innehållade orden socio-economic modelling.
1. Pathways to future cropland : Assessing uncertainties in socio-economic processes by applying a global land-use modelDetta är en avhandling från Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Faculty of Science, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Global agricultural production almost tripled within the last five decades. The production increase wasbased on expanding cropland and pastures, as well as the intensification of agriculture, including increased use ofhigh yielding crop varieties, machinery, irrigation, artificial fertilisers, and pesticides. LÄS MER
2. Elderly Immigrants, Socio-economic Status and Health. An epidemiological study of cardiovascular risk factors, impaired mobility and self-reported health statusDetta är en avhandling från Sonja Pudaric, Department of Community Medicine, Malmö University Hospital, 205 02 Malmö
Sammanfattning : Aims: To analyse the relationship between country of birth/ethnicity, socio-economic status (SES) and impaired mobility, impaired working capacity, cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors, health behaviours among those with CVD risk factors, self-reported health status, impaired instrumental activities of daily living (IADL) and all-cause mortality. Methods: Two main data sources were used: the Swedish Survey of Living Conditions (in Swedish ULF) 1986–1993, people aged 55–74 years, and the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III) 1988–1994 in the USA, people aged 65–84. LÄS MER
3. Future trends in urban stormwater quality effects of changes in climate, catchment characteristics and processes and socio-economic factorsDetta är en avhandling från Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : Climate change and progressing urbanization cause numerous environmental concerns, including the impacts on urban drainage. Such impacts were addressed during the last two decades with focus on hydraulic overloading of drainage systems and the means of overload remediation by stormwater management. LÄS MER
4. A quantity-quality framework for measuring the regional socio-economic impact of tourism The case of Jämtland HärjedalenDetta är en avhandling från Sundsvall : Mid Sweden University
Sammanfattning : Measuring the economic effects of tourism has always been a high priority for private and public actors in the regional economy (Stabler et al 2009). These estimates provide insights about the generation of sales, jobs, and income associated with tourism, but also support industry officials in the regional development agenda. LÄS MER
5. Childhood Sexual Abuse Against Girls in Sub-Saharan Africa Individual and Contextual Risk FactorsDetta är en avhandling från Sundsvall : Mid Sweden University
Sammanfattning : Background and objectives: Childhood sexual abuse (CSA) is a substantial public health and human rights problem, as well as a growing concern in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). It has both short and long term effects on girls: physical and psychological, including negative sexual outcomes. LÄS MER