Sökning: "socio-economic conditions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 132 avhandlingar innehållade orden socio-economic conditions.
- Detta är en avhandling från Centre for Health Equity Studies, CHESS
Sammanfattning : Adverse birth outcomes like preterm birth and infant mortality are unevenly distributed across socio-economic groups. Risks are usually lowest in groups with high socio-economic status and increase with decreasing status. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses an old research area of social medicine, the social and economic consequences of chronic illness and factors modifying this effect. Historically, illness was the main predictor of poverty. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Kulturgeografiska institutionen, Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to examine socio-economic transformation and gender relations in Lao PDR after the adoption of economic liberalization by the Lao government in the late 1980s. Against a background of general socio-economic transformation in Laos the main focus of the study is on the local level, with emphasis on how people in their everyday lives have engaged with and handled the changes. LÄS MER
4. Elitism and Equality in Chinese Higher Education Studies of Student Socio-economic Background, Investment in Education, and Career AspirationsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : avdelningen för internationell och jämförande pedagogik
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to present an empirical pattern of social equity in Chinese higher education by investigating university students. Student socio-economic background influences access to, and socio-economic conditions in, higher education, and this, in turn, influences student career aspirations. LÄS MER
5. Elderly Immigrants, Socio-economic Status and Health. An epidemiological study of cardiovascular risk factors, impaired mobility and self-reported health statusDetta är en avhandling från Sonja Pudaric, Department of Community Medicine, Malmö University Hospital, 205 02 Malmö
Sammanfattning : Aims: To analyse the relationship between country of birth/ethnicity, socio-economic status (SES) and impaired mobility, impaired working capacity, cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors, health behaviours among those with CVD risk factors, self-reported health status, impaired instrumental activities of daily living (IADL) and all-cause mortality. Methods: Two main data sources were used: the Swedish Survey of Living Conditions (in Swedish ULF) 1986–1993, people aged 55–74 years, and the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III) 1988–1994 in the USA, people aged 65–84. LÄS MER