Sökning: "societal cost"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 96 avhandlingar innehållade orden societal cost.
1. Improving care for patients with non-cardiac chest pain Description of psychological distress and costs, and evaluation of an Internet-delivered interventionDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Introduction: More than half of all patients seeking care for chest pain do not have a cardiac cause for this pain. Despite recurrent episodes of chest pain, many patients are discharged without a clear explanation of the cause for their pain. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The consumption of alcoholic beverages has wide effects, for example, causes premature mortality, prevents certain heart diseases, increases crime rates, and affects quality of life. The main problems with alcohol consumption from an economic point of view are lack of information for consumers when making consumption decisions, externalities, and the addictive nature. LÄS MER
3. Health economic evaluation for evidence-informed decisions in low-resource settings the case of Antenatal care policy in RwandaDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Introduction: The general aim of this thesis is to contribute to the use of health economic evidence for informed health care decisions in low-resource settings, using antenatal care (ANC) policy in Rwanda as a case study. Despite impressive and sustained progress over the last 15 years, Rwanda’s maternal mortality ratio is still among the highest in the world. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Economics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Opportunity Costs and Conscription: An Unintended Progressive Tax?Throughout history to present days, policymakers, social commentators and others have oftentimes viewed conscription as a natural extension of secondary education, and an important institution for vocational training. This paper uses Swedish administrative data and exploits a reform in 2004, implying a sudden downsizing of the military, to identify the causal effects of peacetime conscription on later labour market outcomes and education. LÄS MER
5. Exploring Collaboration Between the Fire and Rescue Service and New Actors : Cost-efficiency and AdaptationDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : The emergency services serves an important purpose in society by ensuring that people in need, regardless of their geographical location, receives help when they fall victims to undesirable incidents. Existing resources are however often limited and concentrated to urban areas making travel distances to remote areas long. LÄS MER