Sökning: "slice profile"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden slice profile.
1. MRI evaluation and image processing in gel dosimetry. A study of selected MRI properties and image processing in 3D gel dosimetryDetta är en avhandling från Department of Radiation Physics, Lund university
Sammanfattning : Gel dosimetry is a new dosimetry method applied in radiation therapy. Gel dosimeters consist of a radiation sensitive gel, which can integrate absorbed doses from several radiation sources or beams. The dose to the gel can be evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), a procedure that is the focus of the present thesis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Division of Building Materials, LTH, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The main impetus for this research was the desire to verify models for determining transient moisture profiles in the capillary range. For the evaluations, transient moisture profiles were both simulated and measured, after which the results of the two methods were compared. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : GABA is a well-known neurotransmitter that can be synthesized in the central nervous system (CNS) and, interestingly, also in pancreatic islets. Once released, GABA activates GABA-A channels tonically or transiently resulting in different physiological functions. LÄS MER
4. Chemogenetics, Induced Neurons and Pluripotent Stem Cells: Towards Advanced Gene and Cell Therapies Targeting EpilepsyDetta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The complexity of the central nervous system and existence of the blood-brain barrier often causes difficulties for traditional pharmacological treatments of neurological diseases. This thesis explores the feasibility and potential for novel gene and cell therapy approaches, which hold better promise for neurological disorders, while particularly targeting epilepsy. LÄS MER
5. Utility of Combined Treatment with Antipsychotic and Antidepressant Drugs: Scientific Rationales and Clinical ImplicationsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology
Sammanfattning : The atypical antipsychotic drug (APD) clozapine is the most efficacious APD in treatment-resistant schizophrenia including negative symptoms and cognitive impairment, and still lacks extrapyramidal side effects (EPS). Clozapine, which also possesses an antidepressant effect and can be used as monotherapy in bipolar disorder, has a broad receptor binding profile with higher affinity for the α2-adrenoceptor and several serotonergic receptors than D2 receptor, enhances dopamine output in the medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC) and facilitates glutamatergic NMDA receptor-mediated transmission in pyramidal cells in the same brain region. LÄS MER