Sökning: "skeletal site"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 43 avhandlingar innehållade orden skeletal site.
1. Effects of antiresorptive agents on inflammation and bone regeneration in different osseous sites - experimental and clinical studiesDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : The biological mechanisms involved in bone regeneration in osteoporotic bone and the effect of antiresorptive drugs in relation to surgically inserted biomaterials are not fully understood. Improved osseointegration of titanium implants but also adverse effects of antiresorptive therapies, such as osteonecrotic jaw have been described in the literature. LÄS MER
2. Working Animals and Skeletal Lesions : Paleopathology of Cattle and Horse in Iron Age and Medieval Öland, SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Archaeology and Classical Studies, Stockholm Univeristy
Sammanfattning : Central to this thesis is the relationship between animal husbandry practices and the associated pathological conditions. Since bone elements from the extremities are subjected to abnormal load when animals are put to hard work this research aims to go further and interpret the prevalence of varying lesions and their connection with animal husbandry by using methods such as osteometric analysis, conventional radiograpic and bone mineral study, as well as incorporated molecular analysis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Archaeology and Classical Studies, Stockholm Univeristy
Sammanfattning : Mutations in genes of importance for cartilage development may lead to skeletal malformations, chondroskeletal dysfunction and increased susceptibility to degenerative joint disease. Characterization of these mutations and identification of molecular pathways for the corresponding gene products have contributed to our understanding of mechanisms regulating skeletal patterning, endochondral ossification and joint formation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Växjö, Kalmar : Linnaeus University Press
Sammanfattning : Following denervation skeletal muscles change their functional and structural properties. Some changes resemble conditions in developing muscles and may be important for reinnervation. Due to inactivity following denervation most skeletal muscles loose muscle mass and become atrophic. LÄS MER
5. The Anabolic - Anti-catabolic Paradigm of Augmenting Skeletal Regeneration: A Bone Quality PerspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lund university
Sammanfattning : Successful fracture repair is a complex series of coordinated processes leading to regeneration of new bone to bridge the fracture site, remodelling of the newly formed bone and restoration of skeletal function. Disruption of these processes occurs in approximately 10% of all fractures and leads to delayed or failed healing requiring surgical interventions, increased complication rates, prolonged rehabilitation and high morbidity. LÄS MER