Sökning: "separation of church and state"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden separation of church and state.
1. Church, State and People in Mozambique : An Historical Study with Special Emphasis on Methodist Developments in the Inhambane RegionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Swedish Institute of Missionary Research, Uppsala
Sammanfattning : King Ngungunyana was the lord of the mighty Gaza Empire, covering most of the interior Mozambique south of the Zambezi and parts of present Zimbabwe, when the Portuguese in 1885 were requested by the Berlin Congress to accelerate their colonization. The small enclaves around certain port towns were no longer sufficient, in order to claim the territory as one's colony. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Social Democratic party of Sweden (SAP) was from its starting point in late 19th century oppositional to the Swedish Church and its position in Swedish society. But soon two different views were formed. The first view was to cut all ties between state and church. The second view was to perform a democratic reformation of the Church. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Arcus
Sammanfattning : The thesis focuses on the way the Amish view their life and actions as Christians. With its basis in first-hand observations from the settlements of Dover (DE) and Lancaster (PA) the inquiry describes, analyzes and interprets the ecclesiastical life of the Old Order Amish from an ecclesiological viewpoint. LÄS MER
4. Shrines and Souls: The Reinvention of Religious Liberty and the Genesis of the Universal Declaration of Human RightsDetta är en avhandling från Bokbox förlag
Sammanfattning : Shrines and Souls provides a multi-layered contextualization of the article on religious liberty in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (Article 18), which was propounded by the United Nations General Assembly on December 10, 1948. It shows how the framers of the Declaration decided to break with some of the conventional ways of framing religious liberty in international law, by foregrounding the inner freedom of thought and conscience instead of the free exercise of religion, by directly recognizing the right to change religion or belief, and by restricting the human rights framework to the rights of individuals. LÄS MER
5. Nationalising Culture The Reorganisation of National Culture in Swedish Cultural Policy 1970–2002Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : By comparative analysis of Swedish cultural policy (including art policy, heritage policy and Church policy) during the Riksdag periods of 1970-73, 1991-94, 1994-98 and 1998-2002 the relationship between cultural policy and the concept of the nation as a homogenous cultural community (defined by either an ethnic or a state-framed concept) is explored. Neoinstitutional analysis of cultural policy as an organisational field is combined with analysis of how the nation is conceived as an imagined community, and what values it strives to uphold to show how these values and concepts are institutionalised in its cultural policy and how this supports the legitimacy of the State as a nation-state. LÄS MER