Sökning: "semi arid"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 40 avhandlingar innehållade orden semi arid.
1. Applicability of Remote Sensing Techniques to Groundwater Exploration in Semi-Arid Hard Rock Terrain - A Systematic Approach
Sammanfattning : Groundwater exploration in hard rock terrain involves complex decisions, attributable to a lack of reliable data and the heterogeneous nature of the geological environment. Targets for drilling of boreholes are commonly selected on the basis of knowledge, or perceptions, of groundwater occurrence in a specific area. LÄS MER
2. Soil erosion and sedimentation in semi-arid Tanzania : studies of environmental change and ecological imbalanceDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Scandinavian institute of African studies [Nordiska Afrikainstitutet]
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
3. Making the Most of It? Understanding the social and productive dynamics of small farmers in semi-arid Iringa, TanzaniaDetta är en avhandling från Department of Sociology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : While much of semi-arid Africa is still sparsely populated with unused land, there are everywhere pockets of high and increasing population density in attractive locations. Small-scale farmers can respond to beginning land-scarcity in a number of ways. LÄS MER
4. Dry spell mitigation to upgrade semi-arid rainfed agriculture Water harvesting and soil nutrient management for smallholder maize cultivation in Machakos, KenyaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för systemekologi
Sammanfattning : Improvements in on-farm water and soil fertility management through water harvesting may prove key to up-grade smallholder farming systems in dry sub-humid and semi-arid sub-Sahara Africa (SSA). The currently experienced yield levels are usually less than 1 t ha-1, i.e. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund University
Sammanfattning : With the challenges Africa faces with respect to the predicted warming due to climate change, the continents role in the global carbon cycle has been increasingly recognized. Earth observing satellites have played a significant role in the study of vegetation, particularly in Africa where climate stations are sparse. LÄS MER