Sökning: "seedling development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 15 avhandlingar innehållade orden seedling development.
1. From growth cessation to bud burst : conifer seedling development in response to nursery culture and environmental stimuli
Sammanfattning : In Sweden, 350-400 million seedlings are produced annually for forest regeneration. About one third of these are overwintered in frozen storage, necessitating accurate methods to assess storability. Young transplants of Norway spruce (Picea abies (L.) Karst. LÄS MER
2. Get in tune : chloroplast and nucleus harmony
Sammanfattning : Photosynthetic eukaryots emerged as a result of several billion years of evolution between proeukaryotic cell and ancestral cyanobacteria that formed modern chloroplasts. The symbiotic relationship led to significant rearrangements in the genomes of the plastid and the nucleus: as many as 90 % of all the plastid genes were transferred to the nucleus. LÄS MER
3. Life-history traits and population differentiation in a clonal plant: implications for establishment, persistence and weediness
Sammanfattning : Clonality is wide-spread among plants, and clonal plants dominate many habitats and include many highly invasive species. Clonal growth incurs both advantages and costs and clonal plants often have reduced sexual reproduction compared to non-clonal plants which could be expected to lower genetic variation and hence evolutionary potential. LÄS MER
4. Stand development effects on N₂-fixation and seedling performance in northern boreal forests
Sammanfattning : For large parts of the Swedish boreal forests, stand development starts with clear-cutting. Still, much is unknown about how stand development affects ecosystem processes and how these processes are driven by changes in vegetation and soil properties that occur during stand development. LÄS MER
5. Seedling development of four tree species in secondary tropical dry forest in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER