Sökning: "seed sowing"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden seed sowing.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Species assembly into local communities from the surrounding region can be caused either by species failure to reach the site (i.e. seed limitation) or to establish (i.e. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to study patterns of reproduction of Betula pendula and B. pubescens coll. along an altitudinal, coastal-inland, gradient in northern Sweden. The altitudinal variation was related to the distribution of the birch taxa along the gradient. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Botany, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : A trade-off between seed size and seed number is central in seed ecology, and has been suggested to be related to a trade-off between competition and colonization, as well as to a trade-off between stress tolerance and fecundity. Large seeds endure hazards during establishment, such as shading, drought, litter coverage and competition from other plants, better than do small seeds, due to a larger amount of stored resources in the seed. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Västerås : Mälardalen University
Sammanfattning : In order to promote regional innovation and stronger social coherence the European Union has set goals to become the world’s most competitive, dynamic, and knowledge-based economy. These ambitious goals are supported by funds allocated to regional strategic networks (also called cluster initiatives). LÄS MER
5. Land Use Change in Space and Time : implications for plant species conservation in semi-natural grasslandsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Botaniska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Land use change has during the last century altered the traditional rural landscape in Sweden, resulting in a major decline in species diversity. Traditional small-scale farming, with a remarkably high small-scale species richness, has changed in favour of rationalized agriculture, and many semi-natural grasslands, i.e. LÄS MER