Sökning: "secondary alcohols"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 56 avhandlingar innehållade orden secondary alcohols.
1. Organocatalytic Acylation for the Kinetic Resolution of Secondary Aryl Alcohols : Synthetic Applications and Mechanistic Studies
Sammanfattning : The research described in this thesis focuses on the catalytic acylative kinetic resolution (KR) of aromatic secondary alcohols, using a planar-chiral 4-(dimethylamino)pyridine (DMAP) organocatalyst.In the first part of this thesis, the substrate scope of the above mentioned process was expanded to aromatic secondary alcohols that contain an extra functional group in the alkyl moiety, such as 1,2-azido alcohols, 2-hydroxy-2-aryl-ethylphosphonates and 2-hydroxy-2-aryl esters. LÄS MER
2. Enzymes as catalysts in synthesis of enantiomerically pure building blocks : secondary alcohols bearing two vicinal stereocenters
Sammanfattning : Enzymes as tools in organic synthesis have provided enormous advantages. This thesis deals with the applications of enzymes in the kinetic resolutions of racemic compounds. The stereochemistry of chiral compounds and the kinetics of α/β hydrolase lipases are presented. LÄS MER
3. Ruthenium-catalyzed redox reactions and lipase-catalyzed asymmetric transformations of alcohols
Sammanfattning : The major part of this thesis describes the synthesis of enantiopure alcohols and diols by combining ruthenium-catalyzed redox reactions that lead to racemization or epimerization and lipase-catalyzed asymmetric trans-formations in one-pot.A mechanistic study of the unexpected facile formation of meso-diacetate products found in enzyme-catalyzed acetylations of alkanediols with Candida antarctica lipase B (CALB) was first performed. LÄS MER
4. Chemoenzymatic Dynamic Kinetic Resolution of Functionalized Secondary Alcohols
Sammanfattning : Dynamic kinetic resolution (DKR) is the combination of a kinetic resolution with an in situ racemization and is a powerful method for obtaining optically active compounds. In this thesis various secondary alcohols are transformed to their corresponding enantiomerically enriched acetates by employing immobilized lipases as resolution catalysts and transition metal complexes as racemization catalysts. LÄS MER
5. Transition metal-catalysed isomerisation of allylic alcohols : Applications to C−C, C−F and C−Cl bond formation
Sammanfattning : The focus of this thesis has been to develop selective and atom-economical methods for carbon-carbon and carbon-heteroatom bond formation, and to some extent improve on existing findings in this area. More specifically, methods for the catalytic generation of enolates from allylic alcohols and their in situ functionalisation with electrophilic reagents are described. LÄS MER