Sökning: "second world war"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 132 avhandlingar innehållade orden second world war.
1. Insurance and cartels through wars and depressions Swedish Marine insurance and reinsurance between the World WarsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet, Institutionen för ekonomisk historia
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to enhance our understanding of Swedish marine insurers' choices of business strategies under the potentially difficult business circumstances of the interwar period 1918-1939. Little previous research exists on marine insurance during the interwar period. LÄS MER
2. Painful legacy of World War II: Nazi forced enlistment Alsatian/Mosellan Prisoners of War and the Soviet Prison Camp of TambovDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : This dissertation concerns the legacy of the Nazi forced enlistment during World War II and focuses more precisely on the case of Alsace/Moselle. Many of these French men, enlisted by force from 1942 in the German army, were sent to the Eastern Front and experienced Soviet prison camps. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The research aim of this study is to answer the following question: What kind of security strategies did the United States conduct toward Europe during the period 1981 through 1997 ( and why? In order to answer this question, three auxiliary questions are asked. Firstly, what was the U.S. LÄS MER
4. The Politics of Combat : The Political and Strategic Impact of Tactical-Level Subcultures, 1939-1995Detta är en avhandling från Lunds universitet : Samhällsvetenskapliga fakulteten
Sammanfattning : This dissertation argues that lower-level military leaders, commanding between a dozen and a few hundred troops, can have a major political and strategic impact. Furthermore, it is argued that the decisions made by these lower-level military leaders are shaped by subcultures, in particular under conditions of stress and uncertainty. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund : Sekel Bokförlag
Sammanfattning : The thesis deals with "Samfundet Nordens Frihet" ['The Association Scandinavia’s Freedom'], its magazine with the same name, Nordens Frihet, and the circle that constituted the magazine’s editorial committee. Nordens Frihet was founded as a direct consequence of the outbreak of the Finnish Winter War on November 30 1939 and was a very active part of the Swedish Finland Movement. LÄS MER