Sökning: "second language reading"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 71 avhandlingar innehållade orden second language reading.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of English, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Due to the internationalisation of higher education, the use of English at higher education institutions has become widespread. Today an increasing number of students participate in courses with the local language as medium of instruction but with textbooks in English. LÄS MER
2. Does language matter? sources of inequivalence and demand of reading ability of mathematics tasks in different languagesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Practicing mathematics is not possible without the use of language. To communicate mathematical content, not only words in natural language are used but also non-verbal forms of communication such as mathematical symbols, graphs, and diagrams. All these forms of communication can be seen as part of the language used when doing mathematics. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för språkdidaktik, Stockholms universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to contribute to the growing body of knowledge concerning the adult basic literacy education in the Nordic countries and broaden research on literacy from its traditional focus on verbal texts to include images and visual texts. The thesis comprises a research survey concerning adult literacy and two empirical, exploratory studies focusing on the use of visual texts in the basic Swedish language programme for adult immigrants, Svenskundervisning för invandrare (sfi). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro university
Sammanfattning : We are living in a world in which bi/multilingualism has become commonplace within everyday life for a great number of people. Research has shown that bilingualism produces various cognitive consequences. These effects are generally seen as positive and contributing to an enhanced level of cognitive processing. LÄS MER
5. Extramural English Matters Out-of-School English and Its Impact on Swedish Ninth Graders' Oral Proficiency and VocabularyDetta är en avhandling från Karlstad : Karlstad University
Sammanfattning : The present study examines possible effects of extramural English (EE) on oral proficiency (OP) and vocabulary (VOC). The study is based on data collected from Swedish learners of ESL in grade 9 (aged 15-16; N=80; 36 boys, 44 girls) over a period of one year. LÄS MER