Sökning: "scale functions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 473 avhandlingar innehållade orden scale functions.
1. Large-scale Runoff Generation and Routing : Efficient Parameterisation using High-resolution Topography and Hydrography
Sammanfattning : Water has always had a controlling influence on the earth’s evolution. Understanding and modelling the large-scale hydrological cycle is important for climate prediction and water-resources studies. LÄS MER
2. Grafisk och algebraisk representation : Gymnasieelevers förståelse av linjära funktioner
Sammanfattning : This thesis concerns upper secondary students’ understanding of algebraic and graphic representation of linear functions. Components of the students’ concept images, so-called ‘concept elements’, were studied as a way to capture their understanding. LÄS MER
3. Asynchronous Algorithms for Large-Scale Optimization : Analysis and Implementation
Sammanfattning : This thesis proposes and analyzes several first-order methods for convex optimization, designed for parallel implementation in shared and distributed memory architectures. The theoretical focus is on designing algorithms that can run asynchronously, allowing computing nodes to execute their tasks with stale information without jeopardizing convergence to the optimal solution. LÄS MER
4. Sequential convergence for functions and operators
Sammanfattning : The mathematical discipline homogenization theory is closely related to convergence issues. In this thesis different types of convergence are studied and put in relation to each other. We consider the classical concepts of G- and H-convergence and compensated compactness. LÄS MER
5. Asynchronous First-Order Algorithms for Large-Scale Optimization : Analysis and Implementation
Sammanfattning : Developments in communication and data storage technologies have made large-scale data collection more accessible than ever. The transformation of this data into insight or decisions typically involves solving numerical optimization problems. LÄS MER