Sökning: "sand casting"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden sand casting.
1. The mechanisms of metal expansion penetration during solidification of grey cast iron
Sammanfattning : The production of high quality castings requires the casting surface to be clean and free from defects. One type of defect often found is caused by metal penetration into the sand mould. LÄS MER
2. Metal Expansion Penetration During Solidification of Grey Cast Iron
Sammanfattning : The meta! expansion penetration has been examined experimentally. The whole casting process was simulated using a commercial software, in order to investigate the solidification characteristics and the pore formation in the casting studied. LÄS MER
3. Factors Related to the Formation of Gas Porosity in Grey Cast Iron: Investigation of Core Gas Evolution and Gas Concentrations in Molten Iron
Sammanfattning : Since gas porosity is a major casting problem, it is of greatest importance to increase the knowledge about the foundry process in order to minimise the presence of gas porosity and thereby improving the casting quality. Gas porosity is generally considered to originate from gases precipitated during solidification of iron and from entrained gas picked up by the metal during the mould filling. LÄS MER
4. Processing Aspects for Improving Mechanical Properties in Aluminium Castings
Sammanfattning : The relation between the process and mechanical properties in aluminium alloys for castings has been examined. The relation was hard to define since the spread in data was severe due to defects created in the casting process. To avoid such defects a gradient solidification equipment was built. LÄS MER
5. Study of solidification and volume change in lamellar cast iron with respect to defect formation mechanisms
Sammanfattning : Lamellar cast iron is a very important technical alloy and the most used material in the casting production, and especially in the automotive industry which is the major consumer. Beside the many great properties, it is inclined to form casting defects of which some can be prevented, and some may be repaired subsequently. LÄS MER