Sökning: "rural life"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 237 avhandlingar innehållade orden rural life.
1. Life after death : The diffusion of Swedish life insurance - Dynamics of financial and social modernization 1830-1950
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to understand the diffusion process of Swedish life insurance during the period c. 1830-1950, with the specific aim to understand financial modernization and social mobilization as reflected in the diffusion of life insurance to less well-to-do classes and women. LÄS MER
2. Growth and decline in rural Sweden : geographical distribution of employment and population 1960–2010
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the combination of changes in the population and employment into sectors in rural Sweden for the period 1960-2010. The aim is to describe and analyze the demographic changes together with the labour market changes, and to account for the spatial outcome of these changes by considering the heterogeneity of rural areas. LÄS MER
3. Breast cancer in rural India : knowledge, attitudes, practices; delays to care and quality of life
Sammanfattning : Background: Cancer is a major public health problem globally. The incidence of cancer is increasing rapidly in many low- and middle-income countries like India due to the epidemiological transition. At present, breast cancer is the leading cancer in females in many countries including India. LÄS MER
4. Teachers’ lives in transition : gendered experiences of work and family among primary school teachers in northern Sweden, c. 1860–1940
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, primary school teachers in a coastal area of northern Sweden c. 1860–1940 are studied with the overarching purpose to investigate the link between professional work and private life. LÄS MER
5. Traumatic spinal cord injuries in rural Tanzania : occurrences, clinical outcomes and life situations of persons living in the Kilimanjaro region
Sammanfattning : Background: Traumatic spinal cord injury (TSCI) is one of the most troubling health condition as it leaves the inflicted individual with irreversible sensorimotor impairment. Rural areas of Tanzania and other low income countries are characterized by inadequate emergency, medical and rehabilitation services and are mostly inaccessible by wheelchair. LÄS MER