Sökning: "runoff generation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden runoff generation.
1. Large-scale Runoff Generation and Routing Efficient Parameterisation using High-resolution Topography and HydrographyDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Water has always had a controlling influence on the earth’s evolution. Understanding and modelling the large-scale hydrological cycle is important for climate prediction and water-resources studies. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : Runoff generation in cold regions is characterized by snowmelt contributions to runoff during the periods of thawing and changing runoff patterns due to frozen ground. This thesis project aimed at addressing these challenges by advancing the procedures for winter urban runoff computations and the assessment of control measures during the winter/spring period, when the snowmelt and frozen soils dominantly impact runoff generation in the current and future climates. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Water Resources Engineering, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In northern Scandinavia and other cold regions, urban drainage systems are often unable to cope with the high volumes of melt water which can be sustained for several weeks. High waste water treatment plant inflows, combined system overflows and low water quality are a few problems associated with snowmelt. LÄS MER
4. Future trends in urban stormwater quality effects of changes in climate, catchment characteristics and processes and socio-economic factorsDetta är en avhandling från Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : Climate change and progressing urbanization cause numerous environmental concerns, including the impacts on urban drainage. Such impacts were addressed during the last two decades with focus on hydraulic overloading of drainage systems and the means of overload remediation by stormwater management. LÄS MER
5. Sedimentation and Its Challenge for Sustainability of Hydraulic Structures : A Case Study of Mosul Dam Pumping StationDetta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : A successful management and operation of water resources projects are essential to maintain their functions. Dams and reservoirs are one of the largest worldwide infrastructures. They serve one or more functions; reliable store and release of water for different purposes, hydropower generation and flood and draught controls. LÄS MER