Sökning: "road climate"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 88 avhandlingar innehållade orden road climate.
1. Efficient Winter Road Maintenance : A Study of Technical and Contractual Issues
Sammanfattning : Since ancient times, roads have tied people and cultures together. Roads have been createdwith the aim of facilitating trade and cultural exchange among different regions in the world. LÄS MER
2. Tyre/road interaction : A holistic approach to the functional requirements of road surfaces regarding noise and rolling resistance
Sammanfattning : Increased fuel consumption, increased greenhouse gas emission, diminishing real-estate prices and increased health issues are some of the negative effects on the climate, on the environment and on the society from tyre/road rolling resistance and noise. The first two aspects are affected by energy dissipation in the tyre/pavement contact and are related to rolling resistance. LÄS MER
3. Energy Efficiency in Winter Road Maintenance - A Road Climatological Perspective
Sammanfattning : Practices in winter road maintenance are dependent on the climate and weather impacting roads and the road users’ requirements. As in many other fields of transportation, it is of interest to investigate fuel efficiency potentials in the different aspects of the road maintenance area. LÄS MER
4. Constructing Safety: Influence of Safety Climate and Psychological Climate on Safety Behaviour in Construction Industry
Sammanfattning : Although, significant progress has been made in improving occupational safety in construction industry the number of deaths and injuries are still unacceptably high. In the recent years, extensive research on safety climate, part of the organisational climate research body, has been perfromed. LÄS MER
5. Road disasters? Modeling and assessment of Swedish roads within crucial climate conditions
Sammanfattning : An efficient maintenance of roads to ensure high accessibility and durability of the transport capacity requires an understanding of how the hydrological response depends on both the road and the landscape characteristics. New methods and data were used to identify and explain interaction between roads and surrounding environment and their influence on hydrologic responses both in watershed scale and road-section scale. LÄS MER