Sökning: "resource polymorphism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 18 avhandlingar innehållade orden resource polymorphism.
1. Interplay Between Environment and Genes on Morphological Variation in Perch – Implications for Resource PolymorphismsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Recent research has suggested that individual specialization within populations could be substantial and more common than previously acknowledged. Eurasian perch is one of many species of fish in lakes of postglacial origin that displays a morphological and dietary variation tightly coupled to the littoral and pelagic habitats of the lake. LÄS MER
2. The development of resource polymorphism – Effects of diet, predation risk and population dynamical feedbacksDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : This thesis deals with the evolution of individuals within a species adapted to utilize specific resources, i.e. resource polymorphism. Although a well-known phenomenon, the understanding of the mechanisms behind is not complete. LÄS MER
3. On the origin of polymorphism - consequences of competition and predation in heterogeneous environmentsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, I have studied when an initially monomorphic population can diverge into two morphs in a heterogeneous environment. Evolution is driven by competition for resources or predation. In Paper I, we studied source-sink dynamics during evolution in an environment with two types of resource of different abundance in two habitats. LÄS MER
4. A functional genomic investigation of an alternative life history strategy The Alba polymorphism in Colias croceusDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Zoology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Life history traits affect the timing and pattern of maturation, reproduction, and survival during an organism’s lifecycle and are the major components influencing Darwinian fitness. Co-evolved patterns of these traits are known as life history strategies (LHS) and variation occurs between individuals, populations, and species. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Bioteknologi
Sammanfattning : Major recent improvements in biotechnology have led to an accelerated production of DNA sequences. The completion of the human genome sequence, along with the genomes of more than two hundred other species, has marked the arrival of the genome era. The ultimate goal is to understand the structure and function of genomes and their genes. LÄS MER