Sökning: "resistive shell modes"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden resistive shell modes.
1. Tearing mode and resistive-wall mode dynamics in the reversed field pinch
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
2. Experimental studies of tearing mode and resistive wall mode dynamics in the reversed field pinch configuration
Sammanfattning : It is relatively straightforward to establish equilibrium inmagnetically confined plasmas, but the plasma is frequentlysucceptible to a variety of instabilities that are driven bythe free energy in the magnetic field or in the pressuregradient. These unstable modes exhibit effects that affect theparticle, momentum and heat confinement properties of theconfiguration. LÄS MER
3. Resistive Wall Mode Stability and Control in the Reversed Field Pinch
Sammanfattning : Control of MHD instabilities using a conducting wall together with external magnetic fields is an important route to improved performance and reliability in fusion devices. Active control of MHD modes is of interest for both the Advanced Tokamak and the Reversed Field Pinch (RFP) configurations. LÄS MER
4. Feedback control of resistive wall modes in the reversed field pinch
Sammanfattning : A wide range of unstable current driven MHD modes is present in the re- versed τeld pinch (RFP) conτguration. An ideally conducting wall facing the plasma can stabilize the ideal MHD modes. LÄS MER
5. Model predictive control of resistive wall modes in the reversed-field pinch
Sammanfattning : The reversed-field pinch (RFP) is a magnetic confinement fusion (MCF) device. It exhibits a variety of unstable modes that can be explained by magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) theory. A particular unstable mode that is treated in this work is the resistive wall mode (RWM), which occurs when the shell of the device has finite conductivity. LÄS MER