Sökning: "resistance exercise"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 98 avhandlingar innehållade orden resistance exercise.
6. Skeletal Muscle Mass & Function in Older Women Health-Enhancing Influences of Combined Resistance Exercise & DietDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro University
Sammanfattning : Ageing is accompanied by a progressive decline in skeletal muscle mass and strength which may lead to impaired ability to perform activities of daily living in older adults. Although the exact cause of the gradual decline in muscle mass is unknown, identifying efficient strategies aiming to prevent age-related loss of muscle mass and strength is important in order to promote healthy ageing. LÄS MER
7. Strategies for exercise assessment and training in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDetta är en avhandling från Umea : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Rationale: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is not only a common lung disease but is a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Pulmonary rehabilitation (PR) helps optimize function and independence by increasing exercise capacity, reducing symptoms and improving health related quality of life (HRQL). LÄS MER
8. Effects of exercise and amino acid intake on mechanisms regulating protein synthesis and breakdown in human muscleDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Gymnastik- och idrottshögskolan
Sammanfattning : Skeletal muscle adapts differently to specific modes of exercise, where resistance training results in muscle growth and endurance training induces mitochondrial biogenesis. These are results of molecular events that occur after each exercise session, increasing the expression of specific genes and the rate of both synthesis and breakdown of protein. LÄS MER
9. Polycystic ovary syndrome – Studies of metabolic and ovarian disturbances and effects of physical exercise and electro-acupunctureDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Gymnastik- och idrottshögskolan
Sammanfattning : Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common endocrine abnormality in premenopausal women. The syndrome is characterized by hyperandrogenism, ovulatory dysfunction and polycystic ovarian (PCO) morphology. Metabolic disturbances, such as insulin resistance and obesity, are also associated with PCOS. LÄS MER
10. Effects of physical exercise on coronary and peripheral vascular function. An integrative physiological study from rat to manDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Gymnastik- och idrottshögskolan
Sammanfattning : Physical exercise is beneficial for the cardiovascular health. Numerous epidemiological studies reveal that physical activity reduces the risk of cardiovascular related death. Nevertheless, the underlying vessel wall specific physiological and molecular mechanisms still remain incompletely understood. LÄS MER