Sökning: "residents’ associations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 22 avhandlingar innehållade orden residents’ associations.
1. Neighbourhood Politics in Transition Residents’ Associations and Local Government in Post-Apartheid Cape TownDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This study focuses on the changing practices of South African residents’ associations and their relationship with political parties and local government from 1990 to 2006, with the aim to examine how associations in Cape Town respond when they are confronted with a new democratic institutional and political context.Two empirical questions guide the analysis: How do residents’ associations perceive that the changing political context has affected them in their attempts to influence agenda-setting and decision-making? And how can we understand the process in which they decide to act, or not act, in response to important changes in their political environment?Drawing on social movement theory, most importantly the notions of political opportunity structures and framing processes, an analysis is made of the most significant changes in Cape Town’s post-apartheid institutional and political context. LÄS MER
2. Depression in older people with and without dementia non-pharmacological interventions and associations between psychotropic drugs and mortalityDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate associations between psychotropic drug use and death, associations between functional capacity, dependency in ADL and depression, and to evaluate a non-pharmacological intervention to reduce depressive symptoms, among older people with and without dementia.There is limited knowledge about the risk of death associated with psychotropic drug use among those aged ≥85 years, those with dementia, or those living in residential care facilities; groups that have a higher intake of psychotropic drugs and who are also more prone to adverse drug reactions. LÄS MER
3. Experiences and outcomes of systematic preventive work to reduce malnutrition, falls and pressure ulcers in nursing home residentsDetta är en avhandling från Jönköping : Jönköping University, School of Health and Welfare
Sammanfattning : Background: Older people living in nursing homes are at a high risk of becoming malnourished, falling and developing pressure ulcers. In Sweden the national quality registry Senior Alert was developed to support prevention in these areas. LÄS MER
4. Exploring resident thriving in Swedish nursing homes : the Umeå Ageing and Health Research Programme (U-Age) Thesis IDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : BackgroundThe population living in nursing homes is generally characterized by high age and female sex, as well as by physical and cognitive impairments. Also, negative symptoms such as pain and neuropsychiatric symptoms are reportedly common. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Community Medicine, Malmö University Hospital
Sammanfattning : Popular Abstract in Swedish Kan vårdbehov mätas? Under de senaste decennierna har studier från olika delar av västvärlden kunnat visa att det finns skillnader mellan olika sociala klasser i sjukdomsförekomst och förtidig död. Sådana skillnader finns även i Sverige, trots att politikerna sedan länge satsat på utjämning av klasskillnader och vård på lika villkor för alla. LÄS MER