Sökning: "remote consultation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden remote consultation.
1. Internet consultation in medicine : studies of a text-based Ask the doctor service
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to cast light on the new phenomenon of Internet-based medical consultation. This was approached by studies of the use of an Ask the doctor service, by a web survey to the users who sent enquiries to the service, and by a questionnaire to the answering physicians of their respective expericence of the service. LÄS MER
2. mHealth for image-based diagnostics of acute burns in resource-poor settings : studies on the role of experts and the accuracy of their assessments
Sammanfattning : Background: The global burden of injuries could be reduced by the provision of adequate emergency care but this is impeded by barriers like poor access to specialised care. Accurate and timely diagnostics supported by mobile technology could enable more effective use of scarce resources. LÄS MER
3. Unpacking the Sociotechnical Complexity of a Surgical Setting : Capturing the Context of Use to Inform Design and Evaluation
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on how the implementation context for a surgical telementoringservice can be understood as a complex, adaptive sociotechnical system.Teleguidance was a service for remote surgical consultation in Endoscopic RetrogradeCholangiopancreatography (ERCP), a highly specialized clinical procedure. LÄS MER
4. The EEG of the Newborn Brain - Detection of Hypoxia and Prediction of Outcome
Sammanfattning : Brain function requires a continuous flow of oxygen and an insufficient supply (hypoxia) for a few minutes during the first period of life may have severe consequences; consequences which might impact both the life of the individual who has been struck and his or her family. Therefore, there is a need to find a method which can enable the detection of an insufficient oxygen supply at an early stage, before brain damage becomes permanent. LÄS MER
5. Telecare of frail elderly : reflections and experiences among health personnel and family members
Sammanfattning : Telecare has been an approach to care that, internationally, has experienced a generally rapid development during the last ten years. There are many examples of successful pilot projects where ICT applications have been used in the care of elderly: for improved remote consultation with health professionals, to improve the communication and support of the elderly person’s social network, and as intelligent sensors intended to improve the safety of the elderly person. LÄS MER