Sökning: "reindeer herding"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 42 avhandlingar innehållade orden reindeer herding.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This book explores the main ethical norms that influence labor in reindeer herding in the European part of the Russian North (Murmansk Region). It is based on the assumption that Soviet ideological discourse of labor has been reinterpreted in practice, and has shaped specific patterns of work that may seem contradictory to their official source. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala, Sweden : Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : In extensive grazing systems where several owners’ flocks are allowed to mix, selection strategies will also interact, due to gene flow between flocks. The aim of the thesis was to analyse breeding schemes in terms of genetic gain and rate of inbreeding (?F), given the complexity of ownership and interaction of selection strategies within a mixing reindeer population. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : We live in a complex, interconnected and constantly changing world. Human driven global climate change is now a local reality that reinforces the inherent need for adaptability in human systems. LÄS MER
4. Mental health problems among the Swedish reindeer-herding Sami population in perspective of intersectionality, organisational culture and acculturationDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : The overall objective of the thesis was to investigate aspects of mental health among Swedish Sami reindeer herders and to deepen the understanding of the experience of the living conditions of young Sami reindeer-herding men. Theories of intersectionality, organisational culture and acculturation were used. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Forestry and reindeer herding are the two geographically most extensive forms of forest utilisation throughout the northern parts of Sweden today. Until the 18th century the interior parts of northern Sweden were predominately occupied by native Sami people. From the mid-18th century the area was rapidly colonized by farmers. LÄS MER