Sökning: "reindeer herding"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 47 avhandlingar innehållade orden reindeer herding.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This book explores the main ethical norms that influence labor in reindeer herding in the European part of the Russian North (Murmansk Region). It is based on the assumption that Soviet ideological discourse of labor has been reinterpreted in practice, and has shaped specific patterns of work that may seem contradictory to their official source. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala, Sweden : Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : In extensive grazing systems where several owners’ flocks are allowed to mix, selection strategies will also interact, due to gene flow between flocks. The aim of the thesis was to analyse breeding schemes in terms of genetic gain and rate of inbreeding (?F), given the complexity of ownership and interaction of selection strategies within a mixing reindeer population. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : We live in a complex, interconnected and constantly changing world. Human driven global climate change is now a local reality that reinforces the inherent need for adaptability in human systems. LÄS MER
4. Mental health problems among the Swedish reindeer-herding Sami population in perspective of intersectionality, organisational culture and acculturationDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The overall objective of the thesis was to investigate aspects of mental health among Swedish Sami reindeer herders and to deepen the understanding of the experience of the living conditions of young Sami reindeer-herding men. Theories of intersectionality, organisational culture and acculturation were used. LÄS MER
5. Negotiating Wilderness in a Cultural Landscape : Predators and Saami Reindeer Herding in the Laponian World Heritage AreaDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The UNESCO appointment of the Laponian World Heritage Area in 1996 meant that Sweden accepted the assignment of protecting both the cultural and natural values of this area for all mankind and all generations to come. Located in northern Sweden, Laponia had previously been protected for its natural values only, but the 1996 appointment determined that the local Saami reindeer herding culture should also be preserved. LÄS MER