Sökning: "reducing complexity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 200 avhandlingar innehållade orden reducing complexity.
1. Balancing Demand and Supply in Complex Manufacturing Operations: Tactical-Level Planning Processes
Sammanfattning : By balancing medium-term demand and supply, tactical planning enables manufacturing firms to realize strategic, long-term business objectives. However, such balancing in engineer-to-order (ETO) and configured-to-order (CTO) operations, due to the constant pressure of substantial complexity (e.g. LÄS MER
2. The Meaning of Environmental Management : An Interpretive Study of Managing Emergent or Evolutionary Environmental and Energy Strategy
Sammanfattning : Because of the vital roles of industry in sustainable development, it is essentialthat environmental management is effective in preventing pollution. To this end,environmental management systems have been implemented to a growing extent inindustry. Moreover, this Ph.D. LÄS MER
3. Varför etiska kommittéer?
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses the development of ethics committees from a sociology of law perspective and a social steerage perspective ("social control"). The main question is: Why are ethics committees established? Institutionalised ethics committee is a rather new phenomenon, which has become widely spread in the last 20 years. LÄS MER
4. Methods for Reducing the Complexity of Geometrical Structures Based on CFD Programming : Time Efficient Simulations Based on Volume Forces Coupled with Single and Two-phase Flow
Sammanfattning : Throughout recent years, computer based programs have been applied to solve and analyse industrial problems encountered global fields such as automobile design for reduction of CO2-gas, designing wind parks aimed at increasing power output etc. One of these developed programs is Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) which numerically solves complex flow behaviour based on computer power. LÄS MER
5. Reducing Memory Traffic with Approximate Compression
Sammanfattning : Memory bandwidth is a critical resource in modern systems and has an increasing demand. The large number of on-chip cores and specialized accelerators improves the potential processing throughput but also calls for higher data rates. In addition, new emerging data-intensive applications further increase memory traffic. LÄS MER