Sökning: "recorded speech"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 72 avhandlingar innehållade orden recorded speech.
1. Verbala förolämpningar i 1630-talets Uppsala : En historisk talaktsanalys
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates verbal insults recorded in judicial protocols in the Swedish university townUppsaladuring the 1630s. The aim of the study is to analyze insults as linguistic formulations and social acts in Early Modern Swedish society. LÄS MER
2. Evaluation of nasal speech : a study of assessments by speech-language pathologists, untrained listeners and nasometry
Sammanfattning : Excessive nasal resonance in speech (hypernasality) is a disorder which may have negative communicative and social consequences for the speaker. Excessive nasal resonance is often associated with cleft lip and palate, velopharyngeal impairment, dysarthria or hearing impairment. LÄS MER
3. Using the speech intelligibility index for evaluating speech test results and hearing aid characteristics
Sammanfattning : Understanding speech is crucial for human communication. Therefore, speech audiometry plays an important part in the assessment of the hearing impaired, and improved speech intelligibility is a major goal of hearing aid fitting. LÄS MER
4. Semantic Self-monitoring in Speech. Using Real-time Speech Exchange to Investigate the Use of Auditory Feedback for Self-comprehension
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates speech production and self-monitoring by using a newly constructed Real-time Speech Exchange (RSE) system. This system makes it possible to covertly manipulate the auditory feedback that participants receive of their own voice. LÄS MER
5. Neural and Cognitive Effects of Hearing Loss on Speech Processing
Sammanfattning : Understanding speech in the presence of noise can be difficult, especially when suffering from a hearing loss. This thesis examined behavioural and electrophysiological measures of speech processing with the aim of establishing how they were influenced by hearing loss (internal degradation) and listening condition (external degradation). LÄS MER