Sökning: "recall bias"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 17 avhandlingar innehållade orden recall bias.
1. Physical activity and myocardial infarction : epidemiological studies on the association between various types of physical activity and the risk of myocardial infarction, including certain aspects of methodology
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to study the associations between physical activity during leisure time, occupational and household work, and established risk factors for cardiovascular disease, as well as the risk of acute myocardial infarction. Methodological aspects concerning the presence of recall bias in epidemiological case-control studies on physical activity and myocardial infarction were also considered. LÄS MER
2. Catch and effort from a recreational trolling fishery in a large lake
Sammanfattning : Over recent decades recreational fisheries have grown substantially throughout the world. Despite this increase, catches from recreational fisheries have often been ignored in fisheries management, although this is now being remedied. LÄS MER
3. From Birth to Senescence. Studies on factors at birth and their relation to morbidity in women in adult life
Sammanfattning : This thesis is concerned with factors at birth and their relation to disease in later adulthood. The aims of this thesis were to a) identify variables in Swedish midwife records at the early part of the 1900's and their relation to birth outcome; b) assess agreement between self-reported birth weight and recorded birth weight; and, c) examine the relationship between size at birth and 1) hypertension, and, 2) cancer morbidity in adult women. LÄS MER
4. Case-crossover studies of the triggering of disease : myocardial infarction and Ménières disease
Sammanfattning : The general objective of this thesis is to contribute to understanding of the aetiology of myocardial infarction. It focuses on identification and risk-quantification of the factors acting late in the causal chain towards manifest myocardial infarction, so-called triggers, by using the case-crossover design. LÄS MER
5. Living with eczema : a multidisciplinary approach
Sammanfattning : Background: Eczema is one of the most common diseases in the population, affecting individuals of all ages. The impact on physical and psychosocial wellbeing is important. This thesis describes some aspects of this complex of problems. The overall aim was to investigate the experience of living with eczema. LÄS MER