Sökning: "randomised controlled trial"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 240 avhandlingar innehållade orden randomised controlled trial.
1. Weight loss studies in obese patients. Aspects of very-low-energy diet treatment and effects of obesity surgery on disability pension
Sammanfattning : Obesity is associated with increased risk of serious medical conditions, impaired quality of life, reduced working capacity, and shortened life expectancy. Obesity surgery is the most effective weight loss treatment with large health benefits, including reduced mortality. However, the long-term effects on productivity loss are not known. LÄS MER
2. Randomised, controlled trials of patient education with special reference to heart failure and joint diseases
Sammanfattning : In order to improve the treatment and care of patients with chronic diseases, controlled studies have to be performed continuously. It is widely believed that giving education/information to patients will increase their knowledge and compliance, which will decrease medical events and cost. LÄS MER
3. Treatment effects with a mandibular advancement appliance and uvulopalatopharyngoplasty in obstructive sleep apnea -randomised controlled trials-
Sammanfattning : Enthusiasm for uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) in the treatment of mild-to-moderate obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) has declined in recent years, partly because of a lower success rate over time and partly because of adverse effects. In more severe cases, the patients are generally treated with nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP). LÄS MER
4. Prenatal diagnosis in routine antenatal care : a randomised controlled trial
Sammanfattning : Nuchal translucency (NT) measurement combined with maternal age has been shown to identify women at an increased risk of carrying a fetus with Down's syndrome (DS) more accurately than does maternal age alone. The aim of this study was to evaluate more widely the effects of two different strategies for prenatal diagnosis. LÄS MER
5. Medication reviews by clinical pharmacists in older hospitalised patients : Implementation, performance and effects
Sammanfattning : Background Inappropriate use of medications is a leading cause of avoidable harm in health care. Medication reviews by clinical pharmacists improve medication use, but evidence on hard clinical outcomes in older hospitalised patients is scarce and implementation in practice is challenging. LÄS MER