Sökning: "railway capacity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 73 avhandlingar innehållade orden railway capacity.
1. Railway capacity analysis : Methods for simulation and evaluation of timetables, delays and infrastructure
Sammanfattning : In this thesis the symptoms and underlying behaviour of congestion on railways are analysed and discussed. As well as in many other countries, Sweden faces increasing demand for transportation. To meet this new demand, railways play an important role. LÄS MER
2. Railway operation analysis : Evaluation of quality, infrastructure and timetable on single and double-track lines with analytical models and simulation
Sammanfattning : This thesis shows the advantages of simple models for analysis of railway operation. It presents two tools for infrastructure and timetable planning. It shows how the infrastructure can be analysed through fictive line designs, how the timetable can be treated as a variable and how delays can be used as performance measures. LÄS MER
3. Cybersecurity in Railway : A Framework for Improvement of Digital Asset Security
Sammanfattning : Digitalisation changes operation and maintenance in railways. Emerging digital technologies facilitate implementation of enhanced eMaintenance solutions through utilisation of distributed computing and artificial intelligence. LÄS MER
4. Methods for Capacity Allocation in Deregulated Railway Markets
Sammanfattning : Faced with increasing challenges, railways around Europe have recently undergone major reforms aiming to improve the efficiency and competitiveness of the railway sector. New market structures such as vertical separation, deregulation and open access can allow for reduced public expenditures, increased market competition, and more efficient railway systems. LÄS MER
5. Quality on single-track railway lines with passenger traffic : Anlytical model for evaluation of crossing stations and partial double-tracks
Sammanfattning : Railway transportation is showing a substantial increase. Investments in new infrastructure, new fast and comfortable vehicles, and high frequency of service are important factors behind the increase.Infrastructure configuration and timetable construction play important roles in the competitiveness of railway transportation. LÄS MER