Sökning: "psychiatric history"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 94 avhandlingar innehållade orden psychiatric history.
1. Icke som en annan människa. Psykisk sjukdom i mötet mellan psykiatrin och lokalsamhället under 1800-talets andra hälftDetta är en avhandling från Gidlunds förlag
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to study conceptions of mental illness in Sweden during the second half of the 19th century. The central aim has been to analyze how mental illness was understood and interpreted in what was a continual interaction between medical professionals and lay people. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborgs univ., Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : The aim of this dissertation is to examine the transformation of psychiatry in Sweden in the early 20th century. At the turn of the century, 1800–1900, a form of psychiatry appeared that in many aspects sought to differentiate itself from the discipline as it had emerged during the previous century. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to describe and analyse the institutionalized Swedish Psychiatric practice during the period 1850 and 1970 - the era of the large mental hospitals - in terms of a modem disciplinary project. Point of departure relates to the meeting between the admitted patient and the educational work of the mental hospital and its everyday practice. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to explain how the management of insane offenders operated and changed in Sweden in the approximate period 1850–1930. The investigation concerns primarily a level of practice, i.e. how insane offenders were treated in courts and insane asylums as a part of the everyday activities of these institutions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Culture and Aesthetics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The early nineteenth century saw the emergence of institutional psychiatry across Europe. Aware that Sweden had fallen behind in this development, Parliament decreed in 1823 that a number of specialised institutions for the care of the insane were to be established. The Vadstena asylum, opened in 1826, was the first such institution in Sweden. LÄS MER