Sökning: "protein metabolism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 849 avhandlingar innehållade orden protein metabolism.
1. Protein Folding Studied by Site Directed Mutagenesis
Sammanfattning : The N-terminal RNA binding domain of U1A has been shown to fold in a two-state process without accumulating any intermediates. U1A has a symmetrically curved chevron plot which seems to result mainly from changes of the transition state. LÄS MER
2. The conserved methionines in the chloroplast small heat shock protein - Role in chaperone-substrate interactions and effects of methionine sulfoxidation on chaperone activity
Sammanfattning : The chloroplast-localized small heat shock protein (sHsp) Hsp21 belongs to the family of alpha-crystallin like sHsps which form large oligomeric structures and protect partly unfolded aggregation-prone proteins against aggregation. The main focus for this thesis has been on the highly conserved methionines in Hsp21. LÄS MER
3. Peptide-tagged proteins in aqueous two-phase systems
Sammanfattning : This thesis deals with proteins containing peptide tags for improved partitioning in aqueous two-phase systems. Qualitatively the peptide-tagged protein partitioning could be predicted from peptide data, i.e. partitioning trends found for peptides were also found for the peptide-tagged proteins. LÄS MER
4. Constraint-based modeling of yeast metabolism and protein secretion
Sammanfattning : Yeasts are extensively exploited as cell factories for producing alcoholic beverages, biofuels, bio-pharmaceutical proteins, and other value-added chemicals. To improve the performance of yeast cell factories, it is necessary to understand their metabolism. LÄS MER
5. Cyclic Nucleotide Phosphodiesterase 3B: Regulation in rat adipocytes and 3T3-L1 cells
Sammanfattning : Insulin stimulation of rat adipocytes results in phosphorylation and activation of the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B (PDE3B), a key enzyme in the antilipolytic signalling pathway of this hormone. In this thesis, the site phosphorylated in PDE3B upon stimulation of rat adipocytes with insulin and/or the beta-adrenergic agonist, isoproterenol is identified. LÄS MER