Sökning: "protein intake"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 196 avhandlingar innehållade orden protein intake.
1. Nutrition in the second year of life. Effects of different milk compositions on dietary intakes, growth and metabolismDetta är en avhandling från Department of Pediatrics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In the diet for young children, whole cow´s milk is the major contributor of calories, protein and saturated fat, but it supplies little iron and polyunsaturated fat. Although several recommendations exist for the composition of formula, recommendations for the composition of milk for young children are lacking. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Paediatrics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Nutrition in infancy - Clinical studies on dietary intake, metabolism and growth Our aims were to try to determine an appropriate formula protein concentration to be used during the second half of infancy and to evaluate the effects on plasma lipids when breast milk was exchanged for formula and/or weaning foods. Both aspects were studied with special regard to the influence of traditional weaning foods. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Background Modern neonatal care has improved the survival rate of extremely preterm infants. These infants are at high risk of malnutrition and growth failure during 3-4 months of hospital care. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Obesity is a rising health issue and has been linked with a relative decrease of dietary protein, which promotes higher food intake. Brown adipose tissue is a heat-producing, energy-wasting organ that has been shown to be enhanced by a low protein diet. However, the mechanism of how this occurs is largely unknown. LÄS MER
5. The effect of protein intake and physical exercise on energy turnover and substrate utilisation at energy balance in manDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The principal goal of the thesis has been to evaluate the effect of protein intake and physical exercise on energy turnover and substrate utilisation. Body composition assessment is of importance as an indicator of the energy balance. Therefore, in the first study the aim was to develop new models to estimate body composition more accurately. LÄS MER