Sökning: "proportionality principle"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden proportionality principle.
1. The Proportionality Principle as a Tool for Disintegration in EU Law – of Balancing and Coherence in the Light of the Fundamental Freedoms
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses the operations of the principle of proportionality when the Court of Justice reviews national measures that restrict the fundamental freedoms laid down in the EU Treaties. That judicial review often entails balancing of rights, and this study is a quest for coherence in the adjudication of different, and at times perplexing legal norms, of various national and international origins Many have held that the principle of proportionality is applied in EU law as a tool for integration. LÄS MER
2. Defining, Regulating and Balancing Rights : A Constitutional Law Study of Indigenous Peoples' Rights to Land and Natural Resources in the Russian FederationDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Juridiska institutionen, Uppsala universitet
Sammanfattning : Article 69 of the Russian Constitution proclaims that the Russian Federation shall guarantee the rights of indigenous minority peoples in accordance with generally recognized principles and norms of international law (in essence, customary international law), as well as international treaties of the Russian Federation. Furthermore, under Article 15(4) of the Constitution, international law is an integral part of the Russian legal system. LÄS MER
3. European Convention on Human Rights in Latvia: Impact on legal doctrine and application of legal normsDetta är en avhandling från Lund University (Media-Tryck)
Sammanfattning : Latvia offers an excellent point of departure for evaluating the influence of international human rights law through the European Convention on Human Rights on a sovereign state that has established itself as a democratic political system in the decline of the 20th century. This book explores the impact of the Convention on the domestic implementation of human rights provisions by studying the case law of the Constitutional Court and the Supreme Court, including the doctrinal concepts applied by these courts. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Many penal systems impose lower sentences on the first time offender than on the one who has been previously convicted. This thesis concerns the relevance of previous convictions for sentencing.The Swedish sentencing system is based on the principle of proportionality. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This dissertation discusses the essential criticisms against the use of EU criminal law from the point of departure that criminal law should ideally be negotiated with a high degree of respect for essential criminalisation principles. The purpose of this is to minimize the risk of over-criminalisation. LÄS MER