Sökning: "population decline"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 273 avhandlingar innehållade orden population decline.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : With human populations forecasted to grow in the next decades, many mammals face increasing anthropogenic threats. The consequential population declines are a precursor to extinctions, as small populations are not only more sensitive to stochastic events, but reduction in population size is generally also followed by a decrease in genetic diversity, which in turn reduces adaptive potential and fitness of the population. LÄS MER
2. Growth and decline in rural Sweden geographical distribution of employment and population 1960–2010Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the combination of changes in the population and employment into sectors in rural Sweden for the period 1960-2010. The aim is to describe and analyze the demographic changes together with the labour market changes, and to account for the spatial outcome of these changes by considering the heterogeneity of rural areas. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Richard Ottvall, Department of Ecology, Animal Ecology, Ecology Building, SE-223 62 Lund
Sammanfattning : Many wader (Charadrii) populations are declining throughout in Europe, but the underlying causes are often poorly known and diverse. To fully grasp the reasons behind declines in vulnerable wader populations, it is crucial to understand the demography. LÄS MER
4. Population History and Non-invasive Monitoring : Use of low copy number DNA in Conservation GeneticsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Conservation genetics research is increasingly becoming an integrated part of the management of small and endangered populations. In this thesis I developed tools for genetic analysis of low copy number sources of DNA, such as old teeth from museum specimens as well as field-collected faeces and urine. LÄS MER
5. On starlings and farming: population decline, foraging strategies, cost of reproduction and breeding successDetta är en avhandling från Måns Bruun, Departmen of Ecology, Animal Ecology, The Ecology Building S-223 62 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The European Starling Sturnus vulgaris as many other farmland bird species has been declining during the last decades. The cause of these declines is generally believed to be changes with in agricultural methods affecting breeding and survival of birds. LÄS MER