Sökning: "polymeric material"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 202 avhandlingar innehållade orden polymeric material.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet
Sammanfattning : Do people with long-term tracheostomy need hospital care? Which cleaning method is most appropriate for decontamination of inner cannulae? Are tracheostomy tubes changed for rational reasons? There is clearly a lack of evidence based research in this field and the clinical guidelines available are often based on local practice. A tracheostomy is a created opening in trachea to facilitate breathing. LÄS MER
2. Polymeric materials in nuclear power plants : Lifetime prediction, condition monitoring and simulation of ageingDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Nuclear power plants generate a significant part of the world’s electrical power consumption. However, many plants are nearing the end of their designed lifetime, and to extend the lifetime it is important to verify that every component can withstand the added service time. This includes polymeric materials, which become brittle with time. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Nanomaterials have gained great attention for biomedical applications due to their extraordinary physico-chemical and biological properties. The current dissertation presents the design and development of multifunctional nanoparticles for molecular imaging and controlled drug delivery applications which include biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles, superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPION)/polymeric nanocomposite for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and drug delivery, manganese-doped zinc sulfide (Mn:ZnS) quantum dots (QDs)/ SPION/ polymeric nanocomposites for fluorescence imaging, MRI and drug delivery. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Today, the growing and aging population, and the rise of new global threats on human health puts an increasing demand on the healthcare system and calls for preventive actions. To make existing medical treatments more efficient and widely accessible and to prevent the emergence of new threats such as drug-resistant bacteria, improved diagnostic technologies are needed. LÄS MER
5. Polyethylene/metal oxide nanocomposites for electrical insulation in future HVDC-cables probing properties from nano to macroDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Nanocomposites of polyethylene and metal oxide nanoparticles have shown to be a feasible approachto the next generation of insulation in high voltage direct current cables. In order to reach an operationvoltage of 1 MV new insulation materials with reduced conductivity and increased breakdown strengthas compared to modern low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is needed. LÄS MER