Sökning: "political world city"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 34 avhandlingar innehållade orden political world city.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to increase our understanding of the Global City’s pursuit of what can be regarded as independent foreign and security policies, despite the fact that such policies have traditionally been considered to be a core function of central governments. By studying how the Global City’s role in the globalized world is constructed in local public narratives as the local government develops and pursues specific international policies, the thesis argues, we can come closer to an understanding of what it means to be and to govern a Global City, and why its local government find it to be in the city’s interest to claim international political authority. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Almqvist & Wiksell International
Sammanfattning : This dissertation analyses the consequences of seemingly placeless processes like the European integration and the increasing economic globalisation on Brussels and the people living there. The study shows that Brussels has become one of our time's most important international political capitals and a leading business node in Europe. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : The rugged field and group of trees between housing estates or next to the railroad tracks, the left-over space of deserted industrial areas, the vacant demolition site of a central city block – they could all be termed ‘urban voids’. However, they are often anything but voids, in a literal sense, as they are not empty, or deserted. LÄS MER
4. Brussels– the Emergence of a Political World City : Social and Economic Change in a New Historical ContextDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Economic History, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
5. Från lokal välfärdsstat till stadspolitik : politiska processer mellan demokrati och effektivitet: vision Mälarstaden och Östra hamnen i VästeråsDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : The main aim of the thesis is to analyse the preconditions of contemporary Swedish city politics. The aim is reached through the answering of three questions; 1), what characterises contemporary Swedish city politics? 2), what contributes to the shaping and organisation of urban political processes in Sweden? 3), what problems and challenges are central to Swedish city politics?Based on interviews, documents and articles an empirical study of a Swedish city (Västerås) in its historical, national and international context is taken as a point of departure for reflections and conclusions with regard to the development of city politics and planning in Sweden. LÄS MER