Sökning: "phospholipase D"
Visar resultat 11 - 15 av 31 avhandlingar innehållade orden phospholipase D.
11. On Cholecystokinin and Phospholipase A2 in Insulin Secretion - an Experimental Study With Reference to the Development of Diabetes
Sammanfattning : In view of unsolved issues regarding cellular events underlying the adaptation of insulin secretion to insulin resistance, together with the observation that insulin secretion induced by the gastrointestinal hormone and neuropeptide cholecystokinin (CCK) is not solely explained by phospholipase C-protein kinase C (PLC-PKC) pathway activation, this study aimed at delineate mechanisms responsible for the hyperinsulinemia in insulin resistance, with particular attention paid to the action of glucose vs. non-glucose secretagogues, such as CCK. LÄS MER
12. Effects of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs on macrophage signal transduction and the induction of proinflammatory cytokines
Sammanfattning : Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is probably the most common source of treatable disability in the Western world. There are several disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs), which have proven to be of therapeutic efficacy in RA, but the lack of a potent, reliable treatment for early RA is a major problem in modern medicine. LÄS MER
13. Development of novel bioanalytical assays with single-molecule readout for biomarker detection and drug candidate characterization
Sammanfattning : Bioanalytical assays with single-molecule readout for studying molecular interactions have in the past decades received increasing attention. The high sensitivity often offered by this readout scheme has for example enabled ultra-sensitive analyte detection, having important implications for monitoring early disease progression and the effects of drug treatment. LÄS MER
14. Studies on expression and regulation of phospholipase A2 and cyclooxygenase 2 in gastrointestinal tissues with special reference to colorectal cancer
Sammanfattning : The phospholipases A2 (PLA2s) are phospholipid hydrolyzing enzymes that in mammalian cells exist in several different isoform including cytosolic PLA2 (cPLA2), group I PLA2 (PLA2-I) and group II PLA2 (PLA2-ll). PLA2 is involved in production of inflammatory mediators, membrane remodelling, digestive functions and stimulation of prolifemtion. LÄS MER
15. Platelet-activating factor, intestinal epithelial cells, and Chron's disease : An experimental study
Sammanfattning : Platelet-activating factor (PAF-acethcr, 1-0-alky l-2-acetyl-s n- glycero-3- phosphocholine), is a potent inflammatory mediator that can be formed by a variety of cells and tissues. In the present investigation, the content of PAFacether was determined in mucosal biopsies from the ileum and colon of patients with Crohn's disease and control patients. LÄS MER