Sökning: "philosophy of technology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 260 avhandlingar innehållade orden philosophy of technology.
1. Decisional-Emotional Support System for a Synthetic Agent : Influence of Emotions in Decision-Making Toward the Participation of Automata in Society
Sammanfattning : Emotion influences our actions, and this means that emotion has subjective decision value. Emotions, properly interpreted and understood, of those affected by decisions provide feedback to actions and, as such, serve as a basis for decisions. LÄS MER
2. Världsmaskinen. Emanuel Swedenborgs naturfilosofi
Sammanfattning : The Swedish natural philosopher Emanuel Swedenborg (1688–1772) thought in his early scientific career that the world was like a gigantic machine, following the laws of mechanics and geometry. The work presented here is a study of his mechanistic worldview and metaphorical way of thinking up to the year 1734, examining most of his fields of interest, from geometry and metaphysics to technology and mining engineering. LÄS MER
3. Technological knowledge and technology education
Sammanfattning : Technological knowledge is of many different kinds, from experience-based know-how in the crafts to science-based knowledge in modern engineering. It is inherently oriented towards being useful in technological activities, such as manufacturing and engineering design. LÄS MER
4. Philosophical controversies in the evaluation of medical treatments : With a focus on the evidential roles of randomization and mechanisms in Evidence-Based Medicine
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines philosophical controversies surrounding the evaluation of medical treatments, with a focus on the evidential roles of randomised trials and mechanisms in Evidence-Based Medicine. Current 'best practice' usually involves excluding non-randomised trial evidence from systematic reviews in cases where randomised trials are available for inclusion in the reviews. LÄS MER
5. Ethics of Imprisonment : Essays in Criminal Justice Ethics
Sammanfattning : This licentiate thesis consists of three essays which all concern the ethics of imprisonment and what constitutes an ethically defensible treatment of criminal offenders.Paper 1 defends the claim that prisoners have a right to privacy. I argue that the right to privacy is important because of its connection to moral agency. LÄS MER