Sökning: "philosophy of psychology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 111 avhandlingar innehållade orden philosophy of psychology.
1. Exploring the identity of a group of Assyrian/Syriac young adolescents in Sweden : A mixed-methods study within the discipline of Psychology of Religion and the research field of Identity Development
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this study was to explore the identity of a group of Assyrian/Syriac young adolescents (N=74; age: 9-15 yrs.) at two schools in Södertälje, Sweden. Being a sequential mixed-methods study, a quantitative phase preceded a qualitative phase. LÄS MER
2. Moral Lessons from Psychology : Contemporary Themes in Psychological Research and their Relevance for Ethical Theory
Sammanfattning : The thesis investigates the implications for moral philosophy of research in psychology. In addition to an introduction and concluding remarks, the thesis consists of four chapters, each exploring various more specific challenges or inputs to moral philosophy from cognitive, social, personality, developmental, and evolutionary psychology. LÄS MER
3. Artefactual Intelligence: The Development and Use of Cognitively Congenial Artefacts
Sammanfattning : How can tools help structure tasks to make them cognitively easier to perform? How do artefacts, and our strategies for using them, develop over time in cognitively beneficial ways? These are two of the main questions that are explored in the five papers collected in this thesis. The first paper details an ethnographic study conducted on people cooking in their homes. LÄS MER
4. Explaining everyday problem solving
Sammanfattning : How well can we explain natural occurrences of cognitive behaviours given the theoretical frameworks available to us today? The thesis explores what has to be assumed in cognitive theory in order to provide such an explanation, in contrast to being able to predict behaviour under controlled circumstances. The behaviours considered are all of the type described as involving higher level cognition or being representation hungry. LÄS MER
5. Om professionella aktörers musikpedagogiska definitionsmakt : En kulturhistorisk studie av samband mellan musikpedagogisk teori och definitionsmakt
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to illuminate which role theories of music education can have in the dialectic between discourse and competence in the practice of music pedagogy. The thesis stems from a problem-oriented project that resulted in the formulation of the following research question: how can the connection between music education theory and the power of definition be described and problematized from a cultural-historical perspective using Vygotsky's thesis of Semiotic Thinking? In his research on the dual function of language Vygotsky makes a distinction between the usage of concepts and conceptualization. LÄS MER