Sökning: "person-environment fit"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden person-environment fit.
1. How does the job applicants' ethnicity affect the selection process? : Norms, Preferred competencies and expected fit
Sammanfattning : The present thesis aimed to study different factors influencing recruiters when recruiting from an applicant pool with applicants from an ethnic ingroup and outgroup. Ethnicity was predicted to influence recruiters’ perception and behaviour in different phases during recruitment. LÄS MER
2. Values and Attitudes across Peace Operations : Change and Stability in the Political Psychology of Swedish ISAF Soldiers
Sammanfattning : Participation in Peace Support Operations (PSOs) is one of the most common military duties assigned to present-day Western soldiers. Previous research concerned with the psychological effects of these missions on the individual soldier has focused on issues of mental health and how to ensure military effectiveness. LÄS MER
3. Housing Accessibility Methodology Targeting Older Poeple - Reliable Assessments and Valid Standards
Sammanfattning : Older people have more functional limitations than younger people and they form a segment of the population that is more dependent on mobility devices than other age groups. Since they spend most of their time at home, their dwelling is an important environmental arena for performing everyday activities. LÄS MER
4. The way we conform to paid labour : Commitment to employment and organization from a comparative perspective
Sammanfattning : This thesis compares work orientations in six Western countries (the USA, Great Britain, New Zealand, Germany, Norway, and Sweden), using data from the 1997 International Social Survey Program (ISSP). The main issue examined is whether different ‘production regimes’ correspond to levels and patterns of employment and organizational commitment among the working population. LÄS MER
5. Exploration and Development of Methodology for Accessibility Assessments: Based on the Notion of Person-Environment Fit
Sammanfattning : To improve population health, it is important to create environments that support activity, participation and health. One crucial aspect concerns the degree to which the built environment is accessible for all people including those with reduced functional capacity. LÄS MER