Sökning: "peritoneal membrane"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 11 avhandlingar innehållade orden peritoneal membrane.
6. Hypoxia-inducible factors (HIFs) and biological responses, in hypoxia, inflammation and embryonic vascular development
Sammanfattning : ABSTRACT Low oxygen tension (hypoxia) is a major inducer of neovascularisation and evidence emerging has indicated that oxygen tension and hypoxia-inducible factors (HIFs), a family of oxygen-regulated heterodimeric transcription factors, may play important roles in vascular and hematopoietic development. This thesis has focused on studying molecular and cellular mechanisms, by which cells and organisms sense changes in oxygen tension, and how this signal is transduced by HIFs into downstream signalling. LÄS MER
7. Acute inflammation in peritoneal dialysis. Experimental studies in rats. Characterization of regulatory mechanismsDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : The predominant problems associated with peritoneal dialysis (PD) are ultrafiltration failure and peritonitis. PD maintains a state of intraperitoneal inflammation that affects the structure and function of the peritoneal membrane, potentially impairing ultrafiltration efficiency. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences
Sammanfattning : Endometriosis is a common gynaecologic disorder, affecting women of fertile age with pelvic pain and infertility, and is characterized by the presence of endometrial glands and stroma outside the uterine cavity. Retrograde shed endometrial fragments are presumed to adhere to pelvic structures and grow invasively, thereby creating endometriotic tissue. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Inst. fysiologi och neurovetenskap, avd. neuroendokrin cellbiologi, EA-blocket, 5:e vån., Universitetssjukhuset, 221 85 Lund
Sammanfattning : The biological response to different implanted biomaterials vary. The relative importance of factors in the material and host for this variation are at present incompletely known. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics
Sammanfattning : Macrophages are monocyte-derived cells that play an important role in the innate immune response against invading pathogens. These cells express several host defense receptors that can be divided into two classes; those dependent on opsonizing components for recognition of pathogens, and those that can recognize pathogens directly, pattern recognition receptors (PRRs). LÄS MER