Sökning: "periodontal disease"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 97 avhandlingar innehållade orden periodontal disease.
- Detta är en avhandling från Jönköping : Jönköping University, School of Health and Welfare
Sammanfattning : The thesis focuses on periodontal-orthodontic treatment of adult subjects with periodontal disease.Aims: The overall aim of this thesis was to explore the effects, risks and benefits of periodontal-orthodontic treatment on periodontal tissues in subjects with periodontal disease. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In the past two decades studies have indicated that oral health might be associated with the prevalence for cardiovascular disease (CVD), although the biological link still remains unknown. Bacteria and inflammatory mediators causing periodontal disease have also been suggested to influence the progression of atherosclerosis. LÄS MER
3. Prevalence and Prognostic Impact of Periodontal Disease and Conventional Risk Factors in Patients with Stable Coronary Heart DiseaseDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis was to assess the prevalence and management of established cardiovascular (CV) risk factors and the prevalence and influence of self-reported markers (number of teeth and frequency of gum bleeding) of periodontal disease (PD), a less explored CV risk factor, in patients with stable chronic coronary heart disease (CHD).We studied patients from the global STabilization of Atherosclerotic plaque By Initiation of darapLadIb TherapY (STABILITY) trial (n=15,828), in which patients with stable chronic CHD were randomized to either darapladib or placebo. LÄS MER
4. Studies on the Associations between Dental Caries, Periodontal Disease and Different Systemic ConditionsDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Background and aims: Dental caries and periodontal disease are the two most common oral diseases in man. Evidence shows that they may be directly or indirectly related to each other and to other systemic conditions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Malmö : Department of Oral Public Health, Faculty of Odontology, Malmo Univeristy
Sammanfattning : The general aims of this thesis were to evaluate if a mass media campaign, aimed as a health promoting campaign, and visits to a specialist clinic in periodontology could increase the knowledge of periodontitis, symptoms and treatment. A further aim was to analyse expectations and satisfaction with care among patients referred for comprehensive treatment to specialist clinics. LÄS MER