Sökning: "people with severe mental illness"
Visar resultat 11 - 15 av 18 avhandlingar innehållade orden people with severe mental illness.
- Detta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to describe and evaluate experiences of living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), with focus on fatigue, health and well-being. A mixed method study design was used to reach the overall aim. All studies were based on data from the Obstructive Lung Disease in Northern Sweden (OLIN) COPD study. LÄS MER
12. Experiences of Everyday Occupation among People with Psychiatric Disabilities - Relationships to social interaction, the worker role and day centre attendanceDetta är en avhandling från Department of Health Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The thesis aims to explore subjective experiences of everyday occupation, social interaction and the view of the worker role among people with psychiatric disabilities(PD), while also addressing the importance of day centre attendance. The thesis consists of one qualitative study, exploring which characteristics in everyday occupation provide meaning to people with PD, and three quantitative studies based on questionnaires to both day centre attendees and non-attendees. LÄS MER
13. Mental health and employment amongst persons who resettled in Sweden in 1993 1994 due to the war in Bosnia HerzegovinaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : General aim: To explore employment and mental health among people from Bosnia-Herzegovina who came to Sweden in 1993-1994 due to the war. Hypotheses: 1) poor mental health is a barrier to employment; 2) exclusion from the labour market can lead to psychosocial stress. Methods: All data were collected from Oct 2001 to March 2002. LÄS MER
14. Fall prediction and a high-intensity functional exercise programme to improve physical functions and to prevent falls among older people living in residential care facilitiesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Samhällsmedicin och rehabilitering
Sammanfattning : Impairments in balance, mobility, and lower-limb strength are common in the growing population of older people and can lead to dramatic consequences for the individual, such as dependency in activities of daily living, admission to nursing home, falls, and fractures. The main purposes of this thesis were, among older people in residential care facilities, to validate a fall-risk assessment tool and to evaluate a high-intensity functional weight-bearing exercise pro-gramme regarding its applicability as well as its effect on physical functions and falls. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, results from epidemiological cohort studies of morbidity and mortality among homeless men and women are presented. Comparisons were made with the general population concerning hospital care for somatic diseases, injury and mental disorders, and concerning mortality. LÄS MER