Sökning: "pelvic organ prolapse"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 15 avhandlingar innehållade orden pelvic organ prolapse.
1. Vaginal prolapse surgery an epidemiological perspective : studies of native tissue repair versus implants, surgeons´ practical experiences and five year follow-up in the swedish national quality register for gynecological surgeryDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Background: Pelvic organ prolapse (POP) is a common condition that impacts on quality of life for many women. The mean age of Swedish women operated for POP is 60 years, and with a life expectancy of approximately 84 years this means that the average patient will live 24 years subsequent to the operation. LÄS MER
2. Vaginal prolapse – clinical outcomes and patients’ perspectives a study using quantitative and qualitative methodsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Background: Pelvic organ prolapse (POP) is a relatively common condition. In Sweden, the overall estimated prevalence of POP in the female population is 31% and the prevalence of symptomatic prolapse is 8–15%. The prevalence of POP increases with age. The lifetime risk of undergoing pelvic floor surgery is estimated to 11%. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Södersjukhuset
Sammanfattning : The objective of this thesis was to increase the understanding of symptoms related to pelvic support defects, to study the influence of non-obstetric risk factors for pelvic organ prolapse, to describe short-term natural history in women with symptomatic prolapse and to evaluate outcome after surgery. In a cross-sectional survey investigation of the age-specific prevalence of prolapse in Stockholm 8,000 women, 30-79 years of age, were randomly selected from the Swedish Population Register. LÄS MER
4. Evaluation and treatment of pelvic organ prolapse : Clinical, radiological and histopathological aspectsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Institutet at Danderyds Hospital
Sammanfattning : Objective: To assess the use of cystodefecoperitoneography (CDP) in clinical and radiological diagnosis of cystocele; to study the correlation between clinical and radiological findings at CDP and to evaluate if anatomical topography and structural abnormality corresponds to symptomatic presentation when assessing posterior vaginal wall prolapse; to evaluate if xenograft used at rectocele repair was associated with adverse clinical and histological inflammatory reactions; to prospectively examine if rectocele repair using xenograft is a safe method providing satisfactory clinical and symptomatical outcome; and to investigate the prevalence and risk factors of genital prolapse and urinary incontinence in female patients operated for rectal prolapse. Methods: The following methods were used: The Pelvic organ prolapse quantification system (POPQ), CDP, bowel function questionnaires, pelvic floor surveys, histological, histopathological and clinical inflammatory quantification. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital
Sammanfattning : The objectives of this thesis were to assess the objective, clinical, and sexual outcomes after transvaginal surgery for pelvic organ prolapse using a trocar guided mesh kit, to ascertain the vaginal in vivo histological inflammatory response to large mesh, and to identify possible risk factors associated with exposures after transvaginal mesh surgery. A prospective multicenter cohort study was performed between June 2006 and March 2007 throughout 26 clinics in the Nordic countries. LÄS MER