Sökning: "peace operations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 28 avhandlingar innehållade orden peace operations.
1. Equal Peace : United Nations Peace Operations and the Power-Relations between men and women in Timor-LesteDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This dissertation expands the inquiry of United Nations peace operations to incorporate their effects on gender power-relations of the host state. To achieve this, a mainstream-based analytical framework, additionally informed by suggestions from feminist research, was formulated and applied to the case of Timor-Leste. LÄS MER
2. Values and Attitudes across Peace Operations Change and Stability in the Political Psychology of Swedish ISAF SoldiersDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Sammanfattning : Participation in Peace Support Operations (PSOs) is one of the most common military duties assigned to present-day Western soldiers. Previous research concerned with the psychological effects of these missions on the individual soldier has focused on issues of mental health and how to ensure military effectiveness. LÄS MER
3. Protection of Personnel in Peace Operations : The Role of the 'Safety Convention' against the Background of General International LawDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The 1994 Convention on the Safety of United Nations and Associated Personnel (Safety Convention) was the first multilateral convention to deal specifically with the protection of personnel engaged in peace operations. It should be viewed against the background of the increasingly volatile environments in which peace operation personnel were required to operate at the beginning of the 1990s. LÄS MER
4. Keeping Peace while Under Fire The Causes, Characteristics and Consequences of Violence against PeacekeepersDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Sammanfattning : Peacekeepers are widely viewed as being at growing risk of direct and deliberate violence. Attacks are recorded in many and diverse contexts, targeting interventions deployed by both the United Nations and other organisations. LÄS MER
5. On the Virtual Borderline: Cyber Operations and their Impact on the Paradigms for Peace and War : Aspects of International and Swedish Domestic LawDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Uppsala universitet
Sammanfattning : Contemporary disputes between states contain elements of psychological and information operations, intelligence operations and cyber operations as well as methods for physical use of force. Cyber operations may use, or contribute to, all of these different techniques and methods combined and can be focused on intelligence gathering, preparation of networks for future attacks, sabotage or on preventing access to information. LÄS MER