Sökning: "peace operations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 22 avhandlingar innehållade orden peace operations.
1. Equal Peace : United Nations Peace Operations and the Power-Relations between men and women in Timor-LesteDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This dissertation expands the inquiry of United Nations peace operations to incorporate their effects on gender power-relations of the host state. To achieve this, a mainstream-based analytical framework, additionally informed by suggestions from feminist research, was formulated and applied to the case of Timor-Leste. LÄS MER
2. Values and Attitudes across Peace Operations Change and Stability in the Political Psychology of Swedish ISAF SoldiersDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Sammanfattning : Participation in Peace Support Operations (PSOs) is one of the most common military duties assigned to present-day Western soldiers. Previous research concerned with the psychological effects of these missions on the individual soldier has focused on issues of mental health and how to ensure military effectiveness. LÄS MER
3. Protection of Personnel in Peace Operations : The Role of the 'Safety Convention' against the Background of General International LawDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The 1994 Convention on the Safety of United Nations and Associated Personnel (Safety Convention) was the first multilateral convention to deal specifically with the protection of personnel engaged in peace operations. It should be viewed against the background of the increasingly volatile environments in which peace operation personnel were required to operate at the beginning of the 1990s. LÄS MER
4. Keeping Peace while Under Fire The Causes, Characteristics and Consequences of Violence against PeacekeepersDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Sammanfattning : Peacekeepers are widely viewed as being at growing risk of direct and deliberate violence. Attacks are recorded in many and diverse contexts, targeting interventions deployed by both the United Nations and other organisations. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Karlstad : Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : The thesis makes an overall contribution to the qualitative research on soldiers’ experiences from service primarily in low-intensity mission areas, this operational environment being placed within a framework of emotion sociology. The central argument put forward states that even on this type of mission the emotional demands are considerable, and that the need for emotional management in Peace Support Operations (PSO) should therefore generally follow other demarcations than the formal military divisions of high and low intensity conflicts respectively. LÄS MER