Sökning: "peace movement"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 28 avhandlingar innehållade orden peace movement.
1. Gränslösa rörelser för fred 1889–1914 : Aktörskap, strategi och begreppsvärld hos socialistisk och liberal fredsaktivismDetta är en avhandling från Lund University (Media-Tryck)
Sammanfattning : During the 25 years before the First World War in 1914 two different kinds of peace movements, one bourgeois-liberal and one socialist, were organised to fight militarism and war. The two movements – represented by the International Peace Bureau and the Second International, respectively – grew in size between 1889 and 1914. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Department of Peace and Development Research, Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : What possibilities do civil society actors have in contributing to peace in violent conflicts fought along identity lines? What are the problems involved in civil society peace work? This thesis takes on these questions, applying a critical, interpretative and constructivist approach. It draws the attention to actors who are often not visible in war and peace processes, given that a focus on outside intervention has dominated peace and conflict research. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Möklinta : Gidlunds förlag
Sammanfattning : Poetry has held a significant position in the argumentation employed by the social movements of Sweden ever since their growth during the later decades of the nineteenth century. This tradition lived on in the new social movements that from the late 1970’s opposed atomic energy and nuclear weapons. LÄS MER
4. The Constitution of Movement in Rudy Wiebe's Fiction A Phenomenological Study of Three Mennonite NovelsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department och English, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This study investigates movement as a phenomenon of constituting directedness in the Canadian writer Rudy Wiebe’s Mennonite novels. In Peace Shall Destroy Many (1962), in The Blue Mountains of China (1970), and in Sweeter Than All the World (2001), the phenomenon of movement is complexly at work as a decisive factor on numerous levels of constitution. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The dissertation discuss, through the case-study of the Israeli peace movement 'Peace Now', the issue of dissent in a democratic context.The tension between the will of the collectivity or nation, as interpreted by a representative government, and the right of the individual conscience to take precedent over that collective will is, together with the discussion about the mechanisms that trigger and allow that dissent to function as exemplified by 'Peace Now', at the core of this study. LÄS MER