Sökning: "patterns of language use"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 151 avhandlingar innehållade orden patterns of language use.
1. Immigration, security and the public debate on US language policy : A critical discourse analysis of language attitudes in the United States of AmericaDetta är en avhandling från Luleå University of Technology
Sammanfattning : The narrative of the United States is of a "nation of immigrants" in which the language shift patterns of earlier ethnolinguistic groups have tended towards linguistic assimilation through English. In recent years, however, changes in the demographic landscape and language maintenance by non-English speaking immigrants, particularly Hispanics, have been perceived as threats and have led to calls for an official English language policy. LÄS MER
2. Att tala om vem man är. En språkvetenskaplig studie av transitivitet, agentivitet och engagemang i unga kvinnors erfarenhetsberättelserDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with the relationship between language and identity in narratives of personal experience told by young women in different settings. The aim of the investigation was to find out if there are cross-situational similarities in the individuals’ language use concerning the construction of the concepts ”I” and ”others”. LÄS MER
3. Play, Culture and Learning Studies of Second-Language and Conceptual Development in Swedish PreschoolsDetta är en avhandling från Huddinge : Södertörns högskola
Sammanfattning : This dissertation studies how second-language and conceptual development emerge through interactions in Swedish preschool environments. It studies how types of interaction, such as play, can scaffold children toward such developments. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lärarutbildningen, Malmö högskola
Sammanfattning : Brandvägg describes how a group of firefighters, who consistently maintain that they are “practitioners and not theorists”, relate to various forms of language based knowledge and language based “knowledging” in their vocational training, which is based on problem based learning. From a sociocultural perspective to learning, and within the parameters of a didactic perspective with the focus on the students as learning language users, understanding is searched for what happens in the educational setting. LÄS MER
5. Språkpraktiker i naturkunskap i två mångkulturella gymnasieklassrum. En studie av läroprocesser bland elever med olika förstaspråkDetta är en avhandling från Lärarutbildningen, Malmö högskola
Sammanfattning : The purpose of the thesis is to investigate how language is used in the school subject Natural Science in two multi-cultural upper seconday classrooms. Previous research points to the fact that second language students are not successful in their school work. The reason usually given is the students' inadequate knowledge of their second language. LÄS MER