Sökning: "pathology Cell biology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 309 avhandlingar innehållade orden pathology Cell biology.
- Detta är en avhandling från Växjö, Kalmar : Linnaeus Univeristy Press
Sammanfattning : A balanced tear film is essential for a healthy ocular surface. Insufficient tear production may result in dry eye, a common disorder in the elderly population. Dry eye causes significant discomfort in the patients and may lead to visual impairment and ocular infections. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The extracellular matrix is (ECM) is a network of large, structural proteins and polysaccharides, important for cellular behavior, tissue development and maintenance. Present thesis describes work exploring ECM as scaffolds for tissue engineering by manipulating cells cultured in vitro or by influencing ECM expression in vivo. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : This thesis is about the use of massive DNA sequencing to investigate the transcriptome. During recent decades, several studies have made it clear that the transcriptome comprises a more complex set of biochemical machinery than was previously believed. LÄS MER
4. Studies of neuropeptides in pancreatic beta cell function with special emphasis on islet amyloid polypeptide (IAPP)Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The presence of protein amyloid in pancreas and its association to diabetes was first described 100 years ago in 1901, but was not identified as Islet Amyloid Polypeptide (IAPP) until 1986. The aim of the present work was to determine the role of the beta cell hormone, IAPP, in normal pancreatic islet physiology and during early disturbances of islet function. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Chalmers tekniska högskola; Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Our bodies are immensely complex structures, with various systems, organs, and processes that are not only biochemically driven, but strongly dependent on physical mechanics. At the heart of all these processes are cells, which must generate forces to adhere, spread, differentiate, grow, and move. LÄS MER