Sökning: "pap smear"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 25 avhandlingar innehållade orden pap smear.
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is a disorder of unknown etiology, characterized by a foul smelling vaginal discharge, loss or reduction of the normal vaginal Lactobacilli, and overgrowth of other anaerobic bacteria. Thus, it presents a formidable problem for clinicians as well as microbiologists researching its etiology, clinical course, treatment, and epidemiology. LÄS MER
2. Optimization of compliance in epidemiologic research and disease prevention : With special emphasis on PAP-smear screeningDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate factors affecting attendance in screening for cervical cancer, and to evaluate various measures aimed at increasing compliance to self-administered postal questionnaires and screening for cervical cancer. A population-based randomized controlled trial including 2000 men and women aged 20-79 years and living in Sweden was conducted to investigate compliance to postal questionnaires. LÄS MER
3. Sexually transmitted diseases and sexual behaviour among young Swedish women a population-based studyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Sammanfattning : Most epidemiologic studies of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) are based on patients seeking help or advice at various health care settings. Because many STD:s are subclinical, epidemiologic surveys can be strengthened by a population-based approach. LÄS MER
4. Non-attendees need attention - Determinants and interventions affecting participation in cervical cancer screeningDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Aim: Non-attendance is the foremost screening-related risk factor for cervical cancer. The overall aim of this thesis is to contribute to preventing cervical cancer by focusing attention on non-attendees, assessing interventions to increase participation in screening and identifying determinants for non-attendance. LÄS MER
5. Cervical cancer prevention studies on outcome of cervical screening and on management of abnormal cytology findingsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Background Screening by cytology has been highly effective in reducing the incidence and mortality from squamous invasive cervical cancer (ICC), but the effectiveness is less established regarding non-squamous ICC and regarding women above screening ages and below 30 years of age. Cervical cancer still occurs despite the presence of an organised screening programme. LÄS MER