Sökning: "pap smear"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 24 avhandlingar innehållade orden pap smear.
1. Women receiving notification of an abnormal Pap smear result - experiences and impact on health-related quality of lifeDetta är en avhandling från Växjö : Linnaeus University Press
Sammanfattning : Aim: The aim of this thesis was to investigate experiences of receiving notification of an abnormal Pap smear result and its impact on women’s health-related quality of life as well as to investigate women’s awareness of human papillomavirus. Methods: In total, 176 women and 20 healthcare professionals participated. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is a disorder of unknown etiology, characterized by a foul smelling vaginal discharge, loss or reduction of the normal vaginal Lactobacilli, and overgrowth of other anaerobic bacteria. Thus, it presents a formidable problem for clinicians as well as microbiologists researching its etiology, clinical course, treatment, and epidemiology. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Cervical cancer is a disease that annually claims the lives of over a quarter of a million women. A substantial number of these deaths could be prevented if population wide cancer screening, based on the Papanicolaou test, were globally available. The Papanicolaou test involves a visual review of cellular material obtained from the uterine cervix. LÄS MER
4. Optimization of compliance in epidemiologic research and disease prevention : With special emphasis on PAP-smear screeningDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate factors affecting attendance in screening for cervical cancer, and to evaluate various measures aimed at increasing compliance to self-administered postal questionnaires and screening for cervical cancer. A population-based randomized controlled trial including 2000 men and women aged 20-79 years and living in Sweden was conducted to investigate compliance to postal questionnaires. LÄS MER
5. Sexually transmitted diseases and sexual behaviour among young Swedish women a population-based studyDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Most epidemiologic studies of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) are based on patients seeking help or advice at various health care settings. Because many STD:s are subclinical, epidemiologic surveys can be strengthened by a population-based approach. LÄS MER